Helios Construction Services is looking for talented individuals to join our progressive construction management firm. Helios was founded on the belief that we can transform the construction process. We leverage people, experience, processes, data, and technology to deliver superior projects, from preconstruction to closeout. Our diverse portfolio of commercial construction work includes healthcare, hospitality, institutional, office, retail, multi-family residential, and industrial projects.
At Helios, we believe that our greatest asset is our people. Our staff turnover rate is seven times lower than the industry average, and we have built a well-rounded team that allows us a 360-degree view of our field. Our project teams have backgrounds in architecture, engineering, and construction and have worked as owners, contractors, and subcontractors. If you want to hone your leadership and construction skills and work with a skilled group, this is the place for you.
We are currently looking for a Project Coordinator to support the Principal and Project Teams in the execution of a wide variety of construction assignments. The ideal candidate is high energy and able to function in a fast-paced environment and make informed decisions about ambiguous tasks with minimal supervision.
- Assist the project team with all activities related to the execution of construction projects
- Assist the project team to manage and coordinate the paperwork and information flow for construction projects, which includes, but is not limited to the following: project startup, submittals, RFI’s, meeting and general correspondence, cost control and contracts, subcontracts, change management, scheduling, progress reporting, and document control activities at the job site
- Assist the project team to manage and coordinate punch list and project closeout process, including collecting and organizing as-built and record documents
- Assist preconstruction teams to solicit bids/quotes, perform estimates and takeoffs, and secure new projects
- Maintain construction project records using Sage Timberline, Procore, and other Construction PM software
- Accounts payable and receivable duties including creating client invoices and receiving and coding vendor pay applications
- Receive and manage telephone and email inquiries
- Administrative tasks including greeting guests, receiving packages, filing, report writing, presentation preparation, expense tracking, fact-finding, internal routing, copying, updating company databases, etc.
- Review, interpret, and research project drawings and specifications for problems, conflicts, and discrepancies
- Identify critical path activities and address conflicting information before it affects the timely completion of project activities
- Work and clearly communicate with subcontractors to help plan and coordinate work in both the office and field
- Help ensure customer, architect, and subcontractor expectations are exceeded
- Bachelors degree
- 1 – 3 years experience in an office environment
- Construction industry experience a plus
- Strong communication, organization and leadership skills
- Ability to plan ahead
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and project management software
Why work with us?
- Competitive compensation package, based on experience
- Bonus opportunity
- Exciting culture in a fast-growing, progressive work environment
- Benefits package including health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Opportunities for career growth
Helios Construction Services was founded in 2008 as a commercial general contractor and construction management firm. We started the firm around the premise that construction does not need to be complicated and that our actions and work should represent the needs of our clients. We believe that building is best executed with experienced people, following tried and true construction processes, supported by the latest technology.
For more information, visit www.heliosconstruction.com.