Helios Construction Services is looking for talented individuals to join our progressive construction management firm. Helios was founded on the belief that we can transform the construction process. We leverage people, experience, processes, data, and technology to deliver superior projects, from preconstruction to closeout. Our diverse portfolio of commercial construction work includes healthcare, hospitality, institutional, office, retail, multi-family residential, and industrial projects.
At Helios, we believe that our greatest asset is our people. Our staff turnover rate is seven times lower than the industry average, and we have built a well-rounded team that allows us a 360-degree view of our field. Our project teams have backgrounds in architecture, engineering, and construction and have worked as owners, contractors, and subcontractors. If you want to hone your leadership and construction skills and work with a skilled group, this is the place for you.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to work with our project teams to ensure effective bidding, scheduling, and project management of Helios' projects.
- Assist the project manager and superintendent with all activities related to the execution of construction projects.
- Manage and coordinate submittals, RFI's, meeting and general correspondence, cost control, change management, scheduling, progress reporting, and document control activities at the job site.
- Manage and coordinate the punch list and project closeout process.
- Help exceed the expectations of customers, architects, and subcontractors.
- Review, interpret, and research project drawings and specifications for problems, conflicts, interferences, and discrepancies.
- Identify critical path activities and address conflicting information before it affects the timely completion of project activities.
- Work and clearly communicate with subcontractors to help plan and coordinate work in both the office and field.
- Review and understand subcontract agreements; assist the project manager in writing subcontract agreements.
- Work with the preconstruction team to solicit bids/quotes, perform estimates and takeoffs, and secure new projects.
- Under the direction of senior management, manage construction projects in accordance with company standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline
- 1 – 3 years construction experience
- Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills.
- Ability to plan ahead
- Familiarity with project management systems
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and other relevant software, including quantity takeoff and project management software
- Interest in sustainable construction
Why work with us?
- Competitive compensation package, based on experience
- Bonus opportunity
- Exciting culture in a fast-growing, progressive work environment
- Benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Opportunities for career growth
Helios Construction Services was founded in 2008 as a commercial general contractor and construction management firm. We started the firm around the premise that construction does not need to be complicated and that our actions and work should represent the needs of our clients. We believe that building is best executed with experienced people, following tried and true construction processes, supported by the latest technology.
For more information, visit www.heliosconstruction.com.